The i4 Swim Stroke Correction Program in Melbourne, is a designed to improve your freestyle technique, swim efficiency and overall speed. The course was developed by i4 Director and Head Coach Ryan Bourke and has been passed on to our experienced coaching staff over the years. We have worked with hundreds of swimmers and successfully transformed their strokes using comprehensive video analysis and practical cues to improve understanding and awareness in the water.
This 3 week intensive program begins with the fundamentals of the freestyle stroke before progressing into the more technical aspects. To ensure maximum personalised feedback the program is limited to 8 participants and is designed for swimmers who are between 1.30-2.30/100m pace for 200m (swimmers must be able to swim 200m without stopping).
The i4 Swim Stroke Correction Program Includes:
- 3 x 1.5hr coached sessions with personalised feedback
- 3 x comprehensive video analysis using underwater filming (see below for examples)
- 3 x follow up emails with video links, overviews, tips, tricks and sample training sessions
- Importance of flexibility and range of movement for an efficient swim stoke – Screening test undertaken + key stretches practiced with PDF examples provided
- Correct breathing technique and remaining relaxed and composed in the water
- Achieving posture and body position in the water to reduce drag and increase power
- Alignment of your stroke and beconing streamline
- kicking technique and how the kick impacts your stroke
- Improving mobility and stroke mechanics through self massage techniques
- Dry land exercises to understand the high elbow catch and power zones of the pull through
- The importance of being able to ‘feel the water’ and how to achieve the elusive high elbow catch
- Underwater technique including the catch and pull through technique
- Thera band exercises for improved technique and injury resistance
- Developing a strong and efficient underwater technique
- 2 major factors that determine swim speed in the pool and open water
- Open water technique including strength and stroke rate
Next i4 Swim Stroke Correction Program: Coming Soon!
Dates: Coming Soon!
Duration: 3 x 1.5hrs over consecutive weeks
Location: Melbourne Sports Aquatic Centre (MSAC )
Coach: Mitch Kibby
*Swimmers must have a pair of fins/flippers and Pull Buoy for the program. A confirmation email will be sent out the week leading into the commencement of the program
Hear from our satisfied customers:
“This was the best investment of time and money! Within the first 10 minutes of the first week I knew that I and made the right decision to sign up for the 3 session course. The classes were really well planned with practical advice on flexibility, strength, technique, drills and the use of toys, not to mention the extremely valuable personalised video analysis. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested in improving technique and efficiency in the pool” – Chantelle Aug 2016
“Great course covering all aspects of swimming from stretching, flexibility, drills, technique and stroke rate. Understanding the reasons behind doing all these things really helps with motivation to practice and desire to improve. The video accompanied by Ryan’s commentary was fantastic and I really feel like I know where I’m going with my swimming now. Would highly recommend this course” – Anne Sep 2016